The GB-EMS Group
The GB-EMS Team has been operating Event Medical Cover and Ambulance Transport Services since 2010.
The team at GB-EMS Group offer a full range of medical services to customers across the UK. With many years experience in providing Event Medical Cover and Ambulance Transport Services, Medical Training and Event Welfare. We have a well established team of medical professionals coming from a whole host of backgrounds, bringing with them a wide range of experiences. The organisation has grown steadily since its conception and provides medical and event based services to a wide range of clients, both within our local area and nationally.
We are primarily based on the South Coast, but have medical teams working from locations at strategic points across Great Britain including a dedicated medical team in the Isle of Wight, giving us the ability to provide a competitively priced & high quality service to almost anywhere in the UK and even into Europe.
We are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and as such are legally entitled to provide the services we offer. Our team also maintain their qualifications to high nationally recognised standards and, where possible, they are registered with appropriate governing bodies (Such as the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)), keeping them up to date with changes in best practice and ensuring uniformity of service and a uniformly high standard of healthcare provision. Our rigorous recruitment processes ensure that all qualifications and registrations are checked and that all employees are subject to DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service (Formerly CRB)) clearance prior to being allowed to work on our behalf.
How We're Different..
- We Guarantee at least one Defibrillator and Qualified Operator is present at every single event we cover, no matter how small
- All our equipment is tested and calibrated by a qualified service engineer on an annual basis, ensuring it’s working within the strictest of parameters
- GB-EMS have a clinical management team including Ambulance Clinicians and Doctors, to ensure our clinical standards are set, maintained and audited in line with national recommendations and best practice
- Our Ambulance Crews hold recognised qualifications and are re-assessed regularly to ensure their continued competence. They are also required to attend regular update training and maintain a clinical portfolio of professional development (In the same way as NHS Ambulance Technicians and Paramedics)
- GB-EMS only use HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council Registered) Paramedics when a “Paramedic" is required. and make their registration numbers available to event organisers
- All GB-EMS Emergency (Blue Light) drivers undergo regular, recognised training, assessments and re-assessments with a high quality, approved Driver Training Organisation
- Every GB-EMS Employee is subject to a DBS (Criminal Records) Check at the enhanced level, before they are allowed to work for us. This is also re-checked on a regular basis
- We have a duty manager on call 24 hours a day, to assist clients and provide Clinical and Procedural Support for our own teams
- We don’t like using ambiguous terms like “Medic”, we’re open and honest about the qualifications of the crews we’re committing to your event
Our promise to clients
Every event we cover will be staffed with the required range of Medical Professionals (Including Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, ECP’s, Technicians and First Aiders) as required by your event and advised by the “Health And Safety Executive Guide to Event Safety (known in the trade as “The Purple Guide”) and other event specific guidelines, including those produced by Sporting Governing Bodies.
The GB-EMS group and all subsidiaries are fully insured with “Employers Liability”, “Public Liability” and “Medical Indemnity Cover” in addition all vehicles are insured for “Ambulance Purposes” as well as “Emergency (Blue Light) Cover”. Copies of our insurance documentation can be made available to clients upon request.
At every event or on every transport, our staff are trained to carry out appropriate risk assesments, and will if needed point out any health and safety issues with event organisers or industry clients.
GB-EMS Group aims to provide high quality medical, welfare and logistical support in a safe and flexible way, to meet the needs of Event Organisers, Participants and Governing Body Regulations and to promote the Health, Safety and Welfare of all Event Organisers, Participants and Staff Members.
To that end, we will:
- Ensure that medical treatment is immediately available, and is provided to the highest possible standard, in line with current available guidelines for best practice.
- Ensure that our staff are appropriately qualified and receive ongoing development relevant to their individual needs and the specialist requirements of the service.
- Respect the confidentiality and autonomy of our patients, and act in their best interests at all times.
- Monitor and audit our activity to ensure that we are providing the best possible service, and develop new guidelines and protocols where necessary.
- Respond positively to any complaints or criticisms of our service, and use these to improve the service we offer at future events.
- Ensure that our service is readily accessible to all individuals and groups attending events at which we work, and that no patient is disadvantaged due to race, gender, religion, disability or sexual preference.
- Actively seek to develop close working relationships with all statutory and voluntary organisations involved with the provision of an integrated medical and welfare service, including the receiving hospital trusts.
- Where possible deliver a complete package of medical treatment to an individual patient, to minimise the impact of an event on the local health service infrastructure.
- Where ongoing care is required, we will communicate effectively with other healthcare providers to ensure a seamless continuation of care.
- Operate in a way that minimises the risks to the Health, Safety and Welfare of our staff and others who may be affected by their actions and activities.
For further information about the services we can offer please email email@example.com or call us on 0330 111 5767