GB-EMS Event Welfare is #ThereWhenYouNeedUs.
Each year, indoor and outdoor events attract hundreds of thousands of people from all around the world.
For most people, these events are the highlight of their year and they have an awesome time. Sometimes things just don’t go according to plan and people find themselves needing a little extra help and support to get back on track.
GB-EMS Event Welfare Services provides caring, confidential support to anyone who needs it. We aim to show all service users kindness, respect and empathy.
Event Welfare Services are a growing addition to many events across the world. It gives event organisers a more diverse array of cover and support for their visitors and participants. Our welfare Service will play a vital role in making sure all event and festival goers are supported sufficiently and have a safety net in times of crisis. We realise that not everyones experience at an event or festival will go to plan, so we are able to provide a service help these people and make sure they have the right support they need.
Although Event Medical and Security Teams traditionally carried out many of the services that Event Welfare now provides, they do not always carry the training and experience to safely and suitably manage a "Welfare" Sitaution. These situations often get rushed or fall by the wayside when there are more urgent medical cases for them to be dealing with.
Event Welfare therefore relieves that pressure and more-over gives a much more focused and dedicated service to any service users requiring non medical support.
Our team consists of a range of experienced individuals from a whole host of related backgrounds, including counsellors, mental health practitioners, health and social care practitioners and so on. But most importantly, the team are caring, sensible and approachable people who are good with all ages who need assistance and support. We love covering events, so we understand the kinds of situations that may occur.
Download the 2018 Event Welfare Brochure
Event Welfare Services
We are not affiliated to any religious group or political party. We are totally neutral. Our role is to work closely with other teams on site, providing emotional and practical support to those in need of it.
We provide a sensible, best practice, yet cost effective approach to the following services:
- Welfare and Sweeper Bus for Larger Events
- Area / RV Point for Lost and Found People
- Lost & Found Property Service, including support with cancelling cards/phones etc.
- General Welfare, Practical Assistance, Information and Advice.
- Physical, Mental and Sexual Health Promotion and Advice
- Crisis Intervention / Bereavement Services
- Help with Drug and Alcohol Issues
- On Site Support for Vulnerable People
- Liaison with On Site Services - Such as Security, Information, Medical
- Support for Victims of Crime or Fire
- Advocacy Service and Event Feedback
- Baby Changing Areas
- Onward referrals to Outside Agencies
- Event Site Eviction Support
- Shelter, Rest and Monitoring for Intoxicated Persons
- Event Welfare Response Teams
- Major Incident Support and Response
- Provision of Essential Supplies - e.g. Blankets, Water, Sun Cream, Sanitory Products (Additional charge may be levied)
- Cultural Support
- Appropriate and Secure recording and reporting of incidents